|Job Advert Description
We have an exciting opportunity for two IT Business Analysts to join our team in Chalk Farm.
- Work with the business to understand and analyse requirements and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Have a thorough understanding of business processes and be able to identify areas for process improvement.
- Build strong productive customer focused relationships with the Business, IT teams and third parties.
- Needs to be an independent thinker, and a key contributor in supporting the project manager towards successful delivery of projects.
- Have the ability to take on the role as product owner from time to time.
- Produce high quality business requirements documentation (such as requirements specifications, user stories, use cases and acceptance criteria) and detailed technical requirements specifications (such as data models, ER diagrams, UML models).
- Holding requirements gathering sessions, capturing meeting minutes, following up on action items, reporting project status, and ownership of project documentation.
- Managing scope creep and clearly communicating with stakeholders on feasibility and effort analysis.
- Working closely with the Development and Testing teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that the requirements are understood and development is aligned.
- Reviewing test cases and test plans from the System Test team, negotiate testing scope and timelines, review test scripts, review defects raised.
- Driving the UAT with the business users, which includes performing some parts of the UAT, providing test scenarios and training to the business users, reviewing defects raised.
- Maintaining risks and issues logs and actively managing the mitigation strategies.
- Communicating regularly with the project team members, the IT leadership, Business Stakeholders, and Project Sponsors to provide appropriate requirements related status updates.
- Expected to work with managers and staff within the Business and across IT as well with external partners and vendors across a number of geographies (in order to deliver the projects).
- More than five years’ experience of working as a business analyst in an IT environment.
- Good understanding of processes and terminology.
- Experience in soliciting and documenting requirements using a variety of styles and techniques.
- Experience working with distributed teams and relationship building with stakeholders.
- Experience of the full project life cycle and use of the appropriate controls at each step.
- Experience with Agile or iterative methodologies and terminology.
- Ability to combine “soft” influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with “leadership” qualities that encourage business leaders to positively respond to questions, and requests to meet deadlines.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business.
- Creative, proactive, logical and innovative and will not just accept the status quo.
- Results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success.
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 16,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 more by 2020. We also care for over 11,000 people to help them live independently.
We work hard to make a positive difference to our residents’ lives by promoting aspiration, independence and well-being through a range of training and support services.
We are delighted to join g15 and play our full part in helping to address the housing crisis in London.
One Housing values the diversity of our workforce and we welcome job applications from all parts of the communities which we serve.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this role please apply now with your CV and supporting statement.