|Job Advert Description
We currently have an opening for an IT Tester based in our Chalk Farm office to work on a variety of projects for One Housing Group. Please note this role will work from our Head Office in Chalk Farm but you should be flexible to travel to our other offices around the Greater London area as required.
The requirement is for a tester who focuses on quality throughout the software development lifecycle. The candidate needs to work closely with developers and business specialists in a self-organising team to deliver high quality software products to the end-users, as well as ensuring the quality of integration with in-house and third party systems.
- Work with the business to understand and analyse requirements and be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Have a thorough understanding of test processes and be able to identify areas for process improvement.
- Build strong productive customer focused relationships with the Business, IT teams and third parties.
- Produce high quality documentation and create end-to-end test plans; execute test plans and manage all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and the solution works as expected
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Working closely with the Development, Support and Project teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that the testing is aligned to requirements
- Writing and reviewing technical test scripts and User acceptance testing scripts
- Perform UAT with business users, capturing and reporting defects to the project to enable review, required remediation and re-test.
- Expected to work with managers and staff within the Business and across IT as well with external partners and vendors across a number of geographies (in order to deliver the projects).
- Experience and knowledge of agile, scrum and kanban methodologies
- Experience with issue and project tracking tools such as Jira or TFS
- Agility and capability to adapt to change; handle multiple demands / priorities effectively; handle conflict effectively; collaborate; willing to accept new responsibilities; take initiative and be accountable
- Experience of testing APIs (RESTful and SOAP) e.g. Swagger, Postman
- Experience of SQL; writing simple queries to validate data; inserting test data; some knowledge of relational databases
- Customer service drive, attention to detail to ensure quality and consistency
- Excellent communication & engagement skills with all stakeholders at all levels both technical and non-technical including suppliers of applications.
- Building relationships with applications owners and present them with defects, issues and risks for their applications.
- Create/Build relationships with Analysts or equivalent to share Knowledge/Experiences/issues.
- Strong customer engagement
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure application created by the business is software compatible.
- Reporting defects and compatibility issues. Chasing for updates.
- Experience of Infrastructure testing
- 5 years + professional experience
- Beneficial: Automation testing
- Beneficial: Visual Studio, .NET, C#
- Beneficial: ISTQB Foundation (or equivalent) certification level would be a benefit
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 16,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 more by 2020. We also care for over 11,000 people to help them live independently.
We work hard to make a positive difference to our residents’ lives by promoting aspiration, independence and well-being through a range of training and support services.
We are delighted to join g15 and play our full part in helping to address the housing crisis in London.
One Housing values the diversity of our workforce and we welcome job applications from all parts of the communities which we serve.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this role please apply now attaching a copy of your CV and supporting statement.
Working at our head office at Chalk Farm and flexible for having to travel to our other offices around the greater London area as required.