|Job Advert Description
Are you caring and compassionate and looking to make a difference to people’s lives? Then you should join our team at SEASON - One Housing Group’s specialist provider!
Our award-winning extra care service, Protheroe House, is a collection of brand new purpose-built flats located on Chesnut Road in the Tottenham regeneration area. There are 50 self-contained apartments which are complemented by spacious common areas and facilities, including a restaurant, bar, lounge area, guest suite, spa and landscaped gardens.
About the Role
The Care Co-ordinator will support the Senior Care Co-ordinator in leading the care aspect of service delivery in this exciting service, driving high-quality care, hospitality and support in an exceptional environment. The post-holder will be involved in all aspects of care provision including; recruitment and development of the care team and managing the referral process from marketing, assessments to customers moving and settling in. The Care Co-ordinator will also support the Senior Care Coordinator in ensuring the care team deliver outstanding personalised care and support for residents; and ensure CQC, ARCO and relevant legislation and performance standards are exceeded.
Principle Outputs and Responsibilities
- Promotion and marketing of Season’s senior living products to partners including the private and shared ownership market.
- Effectively manage the administrative systems and procedures relating to the daily running of the service including; deploying staff, staff rosters, medication and financial administration etc.
- Ensure ARCO and CQC compliance.
- Directly line-manage the care staff, monitoring staff development through supervisions, appraisals and training to assist them in delivering a high quality service.
- Hold regular meetings with the care team to ensure all appropriate information is shared to promote good working practice and a team that is fully engaged in service delivery.
- Oversee the referral process including assessments, move-in and settle-in of older people into the scheme.
- Ensure care assessments, care and risk planning meets best practice and customers aspirations.
- Create, manage and monitor customer care plans ensuring staff rotas meet residents’ needs and aspirations.
- Deliver quality assurance; including performing regular audits and liaison with the Associate Head of CQC compliance
- Actively encourage the use of the communal facilities for activities involving older people in the local community in consultation with residents
- Provide the Senior Care Co-ordinator with informed and objective advice and recommendations regarding issues relating to the care offer, cost, quality and delivery.
- Promote Season and the scheme by organising open days, working with the local community to develop social integration and promoting the communal facilities within the scheme.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good level of IT skills and literacy.
- Knowledge and experience of CQC standards and CQC Compliance.
- Experience and knowledge of effective staffing and budget management.
- Experience of staff management, development and retention in a care and support setting.
- Experience of Extra Care referral processes from initial enquiry to move-in and settle-in.
- Be highly organised and able to work to conflicting and challenging deadlines.
- Ability to influence and lead staff.
- Ability to set and deliver objectives.
- Ability to make clear and reasoned decisions with comprehensive recommendations.
- Excellent planning, communication and stakeholder management skills.
What we can offer you
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive rates of pay
- Company uniform
- Fantastic induction, training, and ongoing support to grow your knowledge within the care industry
- Opportunities to progress your career within One Housing
- Various benefits
Season is part of One Housing, a leading provider of housing, care and support across London and the South East, who develop and run retirement housing with support and care for older people (over 55s).
We develop and manage homes that are contemporary, vibrant, age-adapted and in desirable locations. We promote independence and active lifestyles for as long as possible but also provide lifestyle support when needed.
One Housing values the diversity of our workforce and we welcome job applications from all parts of the communities which we serve.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this role, please apply now and attach your CV.