|Job Advert Description
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Fire Risk Assessor to join our Fire Safety Team, undertaking fire risk assessments and identifying all fire related risks and issues across the One Housing property portfolio.
One Housing is a leading provider of housing, care and support services across London and the South East. One Direct is our internal maintenance service company to manage and carry out repairs and maintenance. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of One Housing, which owns over 16,000 properties across London and the South East. One Direct delivers better value for money for our customers and ensures that repairs and maintenance work is carried out to a high standard.
Reporting directly to the Fire Risk Assessment Manager you will be responsible for promoting excellent fire safety practices throughout One Housing Group and ensuring effective fire risk assessments are completed. Fundamental to this role is working with other teams to ensure we reduce the fire risks for our residents and continue to build and maintain homes that meet our Fire Safety standards.
- To carry out suitable and sufficient fire risk assessments as defined by Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Undertake fire risk assessments, inspections and audits across its estate including residential premises, supported schemes, commercial properties, workplaces and events.
- To be responsible for identifying all fire related risks and issues across the portfolio and specifying what needs to be undertaken to meet any significant findings, clearly identifying all works and not generic statements. Also post inspect necessary remedial actions.
- Work in collaboration with One Housing Directorates, Housing care and Support, One Direct, City Style and One Housing Development to maximise fire safety compliance.
- Liaise with other professional bodies including Building Control and the Fire Service.
- Support operational departments to ensure that our residents, staff and other stakeholders are aware of fire evacuation strategies in their buildings and advise on any potential changes in this strategy.
- To ensure that fire risk assessment reports are uploaded promptly and correctly to ODML management system to enable operational teams to update their action plan within agreed timescales.
- Liaise with operational teams to resolve risks of any serious and/or imminent danger and prioritise actions arising from the fire risk assessment process to resolve the most significant issues first.
- Assist Directorates with fire risk assessments including training, technical referral and review.
- Support local fire safety awareness campaigns.
- Ensure changes to legislation, codes of practice and procedures are identified and implemented effectively in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- To collate and analyse fire statistics and recommend preventative intervention methods to reduce fire risk
- Previous experience of working in a multi-site environment in the facilities, residential development, Housing, Care and Support, property or service delivery sector preferable
- Extensive experience in residential and a detailed working knowledge of LACORS Housing Fire Safety, PAS 79, Building Regulations Approved Document B, Fire safety guidance on purpose-built blocks of flats, fire safety guidance on specialised housing and other home office fire safety guides
- Hold a NEBOSH Fire/General Certificate
- Ability to demonstrate current independent professional accreditation/3rd party certification to FRACC competency criteria (Warrington, IFE, IFSM)
- Member of the Intuition of Fire Engineers (MIFireE) or equivalent
- Experience of working with enforcement notices
If you are interested in the above role and to apply for this role, please submit your CV and short supporting statement to us by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
Closing date: Monday 23 July