|Job Advert Description
Working as part of the Development department the aim of Pre-Construction team is to increase value, lower cost and raise quality, optimising schemes to produce efficient innovative designs and effective delivery of schemes. Responsible for delivering the pre-construction design process, working collaboratively with internal and external teams.
You will be required to ensure effective delivery of the One Housing’s development strategy within agreed timeframes and budget, ensuring systems and procedures are effective and followed.
- Constantly review and assess schemes during the pre-construction phase of the development programme, ensuring all schemes are developed within agreed parameters and provide reports on the programme as necessary.
- Ensure One Housing policies on affordability and risk exposure are followed.
- Ensure delivery of projects within time and to required standards in accordance with an agreed programme.
- Responsible for all elements of the design and pre-construction process post-acquisition until start of construction, including design review, construction review and product specification to maximise returns on schemes and optimise build cost.
- Promote effective cross-departmental working within the business and deliver a professional service fostering good relationships with developers, contractors, consultants and other external agencies.
- Follow Departmental policies/procedures and fully comply with the One Housing’s Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- Keep informed and implement innovation, MMC & sustainability strategies.
- Through continuous personal development keep informed of Regulatory and/or statutory requirements affecting the sector.
- Develop knowledge and experience of pre-construction optimisation and risk management throughout design development, construction review; planning and technical proposals with principle knowledge of quality new build housing and innovative construction techniques.
- Coordinating diverse consultant teams to successfully maximise value and optimised build costs within agreed parameters and programmes.
- Ensure scheme deliver value for money - considering budgetary and financial constraints as well as business constraints.
- Ensure that CDM Regulations and other H&S matters are adhered to.
- Attendance and participation in Design Review Panels.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good planning, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of project management, analysis of data and programme management.
- Work to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Collaborative approach to working on a range of issues
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of the housing sector and the overall development process
- Must be highly focused and able to inspire confidence by demonstrating appropriate behaviours
- Proven track record in pre-construction management and delivery of high quality schemes essential
- Experience of producing performance indicators that measure business activities for senior executives
- In-depth knowledge and experience of pre-construction optimisation and risk management throughout design development, construction review, planning and technical proposals with principle knowledge of quality new build housing and innovative construction techniques
- Experience of coordinating diverse consultant teams to successfully maximise value and optimised build costs within agreed parameters and programmes.
Degree level education in Architectural Technology or similar professional qualification
Professional membership such as MCIAT or similar is desirable
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please click on the apply button.
Closing Date: 27th April 2018