|Job Advert Description
Are you an experienced and ambitious Team Manager who has worked preventing homelessness? Do you have the adaptable leadership style it takes to motivate, support, direct and collaborate with others?
This role is situated within an Intensive Housing and Advice Service working with individuals and their families to prevent homelessness and improve long-term positive outcomes.
Preventing homelessness and the risk of future homelessness is at the heart of this service, with stable housing central to improving the quality of life of our customers.
We all view our customers as individuals with specific needs, treating them with respect and dignity, and focusing on achieving real results.
Key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide leadership and line management, supervision and appraisal to designated support staff.
- Use flexible, responsive management style to resolve conflict, solve problems, elicit performance and motivate, support and direct staff.
- Ensure regular team meetings are held and staff informed of the organisation’s strategic goals.
- Hold day to day responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Performance management of staff; including setting targets, monitoring and taking action to address such issues.
- Ensure staff are empowered to take responsibility and to work in a way that is imaginative and responsive to the needs of customers, facilitating effective customer participation, consultation and feedback
- Ensure that Medication Management and support is delivered within policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all required databases are kept up to date and that appropriate records are kept.
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate induction, training and development opportunities and ensure staff are familiar with all relevant policies and procedures to undertake their role.
- Carry out regular audits of service provision and undertake peer audits as required.
- Work within and monitor the service budget against management accounts.
- Participate in the training of staff as required.
- Develop and maintain positive links with local statutory and independent sector services and ensuring referrals and assessment issues are dealt within a timely fashion, and service utilisation is maximised
- Participate in the management on call rota.
- Ensure that all the work carried out by the service meets Health and Safety requirements.
- Any other duties within the general scope of the post as directed by a senior manager (Senior Team Manager / Associate Head of Mental Health)
To join us as a Team Manager you'll need:
- a minimum of 2 years staff management experience within mental health and housing related support
- strong background in supporting staff providing sound Housing related advice, including an understanding of how to remedy complex evictions and welfare rights cases
- good level of IT and literacy skills
- sound knowledge of the Housing Sector and legislation
- understanding and knowledge of issues affecting vulnerable adults and young people with housing related support needs
- good knowledge and experience of managing incidents and accidents including safeguarding procedures for adults and children
If you feel you meet the above criteria for this role please apply now, providing a short statement explaining why you feel you are suitable for the position.